“Amberseas Lda.” is currently looking to recruit an Administrative Assistant in Funchal, Madeira.
The Company was incorporated during June 2019.
Initially it is set up as a Commercial Ship Management Company, but we will take the chance to diversify into other Shipping and Logistics fields, as and when we can involve ourselves in New Projects.
The Company owners have been involved in the Maritime and Port Management for many years.
Whilst Commercial Management of Marine Assets is still our priority, we wish to progress into other areas including ownership, which would require more skills from anyone joining the company.
We are willing to commit to helping the right candidate in developing their knowledge, by working with us in an environment that covers all aspects of running a Commercial operation not found in larger companies, where there tends to be more specialised positions for individuals. Whilst the candidate will work alone this is very much a Team Environment.
Initially the position will be predominantly administrative, dealing with Order Confirmations and bookkeeping of Vessels accounts as well as some translation form Portuguese to English. As we progress, we would expect that this would lead to being involved with vessel operations, which includes vessel positions, reporting, crewing and supply, as well as speaking with Port Agencies and agreeing Port disbursements and checking the finals. This would assist our other Employees when on other assignments and holidays.
Currently we have Team Members, based in the Southampton UK, Tallinn Estonia, Kaliningrad Russia and Quarteira Portugal.
We require someone who is not afraid to get involved and can always work independently. Good courteous and confident telephone skills. Flexibility to work in several areas as described above.
- Favourable candidates will have a good knowledge of written and spoken English. Russian would be a bonus;
- Be an EU Citizen, living in Madeira;
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages especially Excel, Word and Outlook. Use of accounting software such as SAGE;
- Knowledge of Bookkeeping, Budgets and accounting;
- Ships Operational knowledge is a distinct advantage;
- Confidence to progress in developing more cost and time saving record keeping;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work alone without other distractions, knowing support from any of our other Team members is only a phone call away;
- Availability to travel.
Hours and Salary to be discussed at interview.
Please send your CV via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: “Administrative Assistant 5943 _2019”