The ARI program has changed (Law No. 63/2015, 30 June), aiming to increase the range of eligible investment activities and situations covered by the right to family reunification.
Therefore, the following investment activities became eligible for the attribution of “Golden Visa”:
- The transfer of capital in an amount equal or greater than € 1.000.000,00;
- The creation of at least 10 jobs;
- The purchase of real estate in an amount equal or greater than € 500.000,00;
- The purchase of real estate that has been constructed for at least 30 years, or that are located in urban redevelopment area and carry out renovation works of the same, with a minimum overall amount of € 350.000,00;
- The transfer of capital in an amount equal or greater than € 350.000,00 to be applied in research activities conducted by public or private institutions of scientific research, built on scientific and technological national system;
- The transfer of capital in an amount equal or greater than € 250.000,00, to invest or support artistic production, recovery or maintenance of national cultural heritage, through services of central and peripheral direct administration, public institutes, entities that comprise the public enterprise sector, public foundations, private foundations with public utility status, inter-municipal entities, entities that are part of the local business sector, municipal associative entities and cultural public associations, which pursue assignments in the field of artistic production, recovery or maintenance of national cultural heritage;
- The transfer of capital in an amount equal or greater than € 500.000,00, for the acquisition of participation units in investment funds or venture capital, targeted to capitalizing small and medium enterprises which, for this purpose, present their capitalization plan and it is proven feasible.
In cases where the investment activities are carried out in sparsely populated territories (average less than 100 inhabitants / km2 or a GDP per capita below 75% of the national average), it is applied a reduction of 20% on these investment values.
Concerning the extension of situations covered by the right to family reunification, as well as this being granted to family members of the “Golden Visa” holder, it will also be considered the holder’s sons that:
- Are of legal age;
- Who are dependents of the couple or one spouse;
- Are single;
- Who are studying at an educational institution in Portugal or abroad.
For more information on these alterations please contact us.