Assistance in the Application for Residence Permit for Investment activity (ARI)
The Golden Visa is a type of residence permit that allows foreign citizens who wish to invest in Portugal, to enter and remain in Portuguese territory for investment purposes, without the need for a residence visa, and has been in force since 2012.
Who can apply for Golden Visa?
All nationals of a Third State who carry out an investment activity, either personally or through a company incorporated in Portugal or, in another E.U. State and with a permanent establishment in Portugal, by investing in one of the following possibilities:
• The acquisition of immovable property with a value of 500 thousand euro or more;
• Acquisition of real estate, whose construction has been completed at least 30 years ago or, is located in an urban rehabilitation area and rehabilitation work on the acquired real estate, for a total amount of 350,000 euro or more;
• Transfer of capital amounting to EUR 350 000 or more, to be applied to research activities carried out by public or private scientific research institutions, integrated into the national scientific and technological system;
• Capital transfers of EUR 1 million or more;
• Transfer of capital amounting to 250 thousand euros or more, which is applied in investment or support for artistic production, recovery or maintenance of cultural heritage, through central and peripheral direct administration services, public institutes, entities that integrate the public business sector, public foundations, private foundations with public utility status, intermunicipal entities, entities that integrate the local business sector, municipal associations and public cultural associations, which pursue attributions in the area of artistic production, recovery or maintenance of national cultural heritage;
• Transfer of capital in the amount of 500 thousand euro or more, intended for the acquisition of units in investment funds or venture capital funds aimed at the capitalisation of small and medium-sized companies which, for this purpose, present the respective capitalisation plan and which prove to be viable.
• The creation of, at least, 10 jobs (no minimum amount of investment required) in any one business area.
• Absence of a conviction for a crime punishable in Portugal by deprivation of liberty for a period of one year or more;
• Not being in the period of disqualification from entering national territory following a removal order;
• Absence of an alert in the Schengen Information System;
• Absence of an alert in the FBS’s (Foreigners and Borders Services) integrated information system, for the purpose of non-admission;
• Maintenance of investment activity in Portugal, for a minimum period of 5 years from the date of granting of the residence permit.
DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US